Has anyone Daewoo Nexia Vss sensor connector pin information

This place is for those who don't speak Czech

Moderátor: Blue Lanos

Odpovědět
jansu83

Has anyone Daewoo Nexia Vss sensor connector pin information

Příspěvek od jansu83 »

Hello

I have a Nexia Vss sensor (gearbox speed sensor) that connects to the speedometer cable connection. It has three wire connector, and I would like to know connector specs for these 3 pins. Voltage range, resistance, speed pulse connector (and pulse voltage range) etc. information.

I am about to use this sensor on anotrher vehicle, and this information would be very helpful. I would be very thankful, if someone has the information available.

The sensor has label

VB

on it.

Part number is KB0023 and it is meant for Daewoo Nexia 1.5
Reklama

jansu83

Re: Has anyone Daewoo Nexia Vss sensor connector pin information

Příspěvek od jansu83 »

I answer to myself. I found schematic for this Daewoo and there was

Pin1: +12 VDC
Pin2: Data signal to engine ECU
Pin3: 0 VDC (vehicle Ground)

So now I only have to connect +12 V and 0V to pins 1 & 3 and watch with oscilloscope for the signal line on pin2. I assume it is "open collector" type, if that is the situation, the sensor should connect pin 2 to ground or to +12 V when I turn the axle. For testing it I will connect two about 50 k ohm resistors in series between +12 VDC and 0V and then connect pin2 to the middle of these resistors. Then I should see how signal varies, and I can see if the sensor is open collector type. In this case signal should be pulse shape and go between 6 V and 0 V or 6 V and 12 V depending on which line ( +12 V or 0V) the transistor connects pin 2 when active.
LordMMX
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od LordMMX »

Hey man, what are you trying to accomplish with that VSS signal?

I found out that nexia does have digital signal when I was installing digital dashboard from Kadett/Astra and found out that signal pin is in middle.
Daewoo Evanda 2005
Daewoo Leganza "Areum" CDX 2.0, central + alarm, el. okna, digi klima, dualbag, ABS/TCS
Daewoo nie je len značka... je to životný štýl !! :)
ex: Leganza, Evanda, Lanos, Corsa, Nexia, Espero, Marea
jansu83

Příspěvek od jansu83 »

Hello

I thought that this winter I would like to make a gadget that connects gearbox with electrical speed signal output to a mechanical speedometer. It would have an Atmel AVR microcontroller to measure gearbox signal, and speedometer cable speed. It should produce a PWM signal to control the correct speed for the cable and that signal would be an input for separate PWM controller /driver that drives a DC motor which turns speedometer cable. It should also have an LCD display anf a few buttons so that this cadget could be calibrated.

There are some commercial cadgets already for this purpose, but I would like to learn a little coding. I have coded some projects already with Atmel AVR so I have a basic knowledge for it, and alla the equipment that I need as I ordered a 3d printer yesterday.

I have this Daewoo sensor that fits to my old Ford Taunus gearbox. It already has mechanical output for the meter, and Daewoo sensor fits direct to the place for speedometer cable. So at my case there's no sense (yet) to put electronic controller between the gearbox and speedometer, but I don't know if I some day put a gearbox that has electronic output signal so I would have a gadget already. And in winter my carage is that cold that I would rather do some coding and testing inside where it is warm.
LordMMX
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od LordMMX »

oh, okay, that sounds like a nice project for whole winter. So if I understood that correctly, you are trying to convert "mechanical signal" into digital signal for the dashboard? interesting thing is that vss sensor from daewoo fits into ford's gearbox, but afaik there can be differences between number of spins - still this can be fixed with code in software.

if it was a conversion for nexia, i would just suggest using a dashboard from never model [Nexia N150] which fits without issue and reads signal from ECU.
Daewoo Evanda 2005
Daewoo Leganza "Areum" CDX 2.0, central + alarm, el. okna, digi klima, dualbag, ABS/TCS
Daewoo nie je len značka... je to životný štýl !! :)
ex: Leganza, Evanda, Lanos, Corsa, Nexia, Espero, Marea
Odpovědět

Zpět na „English Corner“