Espero spark timing adjustment

This place is for those who don't speak Czech

Moderátor: Blue Lanos

Odpovědět
Mihaivn

Espero spark timing adjustment

Příspěvek od Mihaivn »

Hello friends and greetings from Romania!

I have looked everywhere and I can't find the information I need. I want to adjust my spark timing, and I have no ideea at what angle BTDC it has to be. From what I've seen, I have a mark on the harmonic ballancer (the big pulley where all the accesory belts connect to the crankshaft, I'm not sure that's how it's called) and a scale on the timing belt cover. Autodata and some pdf file I found say I should set the timing to a different mark, something like a pin, way more to the right. Autodata says I should adjust to 15 degrees, english pdf file says 8, and the service manual does not mention anything. The ecm gets the lowest spark timing advance value at 8 degrees, but can you confirm that's the value to aim to?

Also, I will have to make the ECM hold the ignition timing steady, not to bounce from 8 to 16-20 degrees as I can see on the laptop. Any ideeas of how can I do that?

The timing lamp is DIY, pretty simple, it cost me like 2 euros and it took me 30 minutes to assemble it. I can share schematics, or you can find them on google if you want to adjust your ignition systems too

Thank you for your time and sorry if I made any mistakes, english is not my primary language
Reklama

Mihaivn

Re: Espero spark timing adjustment

Příspěvek od Mihaivn »

I've got it all sorted out. I'm replying to leave some info here for you. You need to start the engine in diagnostic mode (wire between A and B in the diagnostic plug) and the timing will not change. My car started bad, third try only, i believe fuel pump does not work until you start cranking this way, but I got it started and adjusted the spark timing. 8 degrees BTDC, all is good now. I don't know when I'll be logging in here again, I can't understand anything. If you have any questions for me regarding this, or diagnostics software/cable, or just anything, email me at ionita.mihai01@gmail.com
Laco71

Re: Espero spark timing adjustment

Příspěvek od Laco71 »

Hi,

first : timing belt must adjusted correctly in it's right position

mark on timing wheel must be in accurate position, both on wheel of crankshaft ,also on camshaft

After spark-distributor can will send spark signal for ignition at right time

That's all.
Odpovědět

Zpět na „English Corner“